Thursday, October 30, 2008

Honesty and Responsibility

Charles requested me to get him a new phone today. I asked why because he has a phone being provided by their company. He works for his Dad. They own a custom architectural millwork business. He said, I dont want Dad paying for my phone , It's just not right because I use it to make personal calls. Personally, I didnt like what Ive just heard. I dont want another bills. My company pays for my phone and I use it to make personal calls, too. Then he replied, which you shouldnt be doing!

My husband is always honest. I don't rememeber him telling a lie, well, maybe when he says Im light as a feather If I asked about my weight. lol. He knows, he's not supposed to say bad words. He knows how to make me smile. haha.

I admire Charles for being responsible. He bought his first car from his parents and paid them from his own earnings. He had to get a car to go to work at the age of 16 at a local auto factory. His parents paid half of his tuition in college and Charles paid the other half and the rest (apartment, food, utilities). He attends class in the morning and work at night. He took Electronics Communication and graduated with GPA of 3.86 (highest is 4.0). Hes very smart. At the age of 21, he bought his first house.

Charles is always very considerate. He never ask anything from his parents or to anyone.

In the Philippines, we are used to having our Parents do the spending for us. Some people are still living with their parents along with their family. They dont even contribute for food and utilities. It's depressing.

I learned so much from my husband. Everytime he does something extraordinary, it makes me reflect all my wrong doings and yet so hapy to have learn and follow his ways. He's a very good role model. I want my kids to be like him, honest and responsible. I want to raise my kids here in America where kids learns responsibilty at a young age.

0 comments: