Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Hang-over

We had a busy and successful thanksgiving! It was my first time to host for my husband's family. I cooked for 6 families and so far everybody was satisfied and asked me if I will have to host from now on! haha...Everybody was crazy about my Bistek ala Mariz! haha....My sis-in-laws said, forget about the turkey...this is even better! lol. My husband who is my greatest critque with food was satisfied and applauded me for a job well done in front of his family...The family loves stuffing and I was a little worried about my version so I told them ahead that Im not a good dresser maker...lol....but it seems like everybody loves it, i was told, its really really good! wow! Im so hapy that everything turns out great, even the weather was very cooperative!

I was so busy that I didnt have time to take a lot of pictures....I will post a few later...:)

So, heres the classic American menu I prepared:

Appetizer: Artichoke dips and Crab parmessan dips with crackers, Fresh dips with Ruffles Frit0 Lay.

Main Dish: 24lb Roasted Turkey, Bistek Ala Mariz

Side Dish: Buttered rice, Green Bean Casserole, Potato salad, cranberry relish, creamy cucumber dill salad, Stuffing (dressing), Butternut Squash, Cornbread

Dessert: Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle, Bryers Rocky Road Chocolate Ice Cream, Checkered Chocolate Ice Cream

Other Desserts made by the family: Apple pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Pie

0 comments: