Monday, November 17, 2008

Slippery Road

After work I went straight to Borders Bookstore for Hot Cocoa...for some reasons, this is my favorite place where I can relax and read books. I didnt get out till 7:45 in the evening and it was snowing heavily. While merging through the freeway, I felt the car swaying...Huh! I thought the road was just wet...but it was Black Ice! Luckily, I had enough space to manuever and not the hit the car in front of me. There was at least 3 cars in the ditch. I was driving a little over 30 mph. Some cars were passing me like crazy....well, I will just wave at them when i see them down the ditch, I thought to myself. From a far, I saw a blue and yellow light flashing and the traffic is getting slower. It looks like a fatal accident. I hurriedly called Charles and make sure it wasn't him...Thank God, he answered and yes, he's fine! He was 45 mins behind me and I told him to avoid the traffic. My usual 1 hour drive took me 2 hours to get home. Charles called me if I got home safe...he was worried because there was another fatal accident and at least 6 cars in the ditch. He's relieved to know that I am fine. Ahhh....I missed my Jeep 4x4 terribly! driving my Ford car is a little scary. Now, Im thinking about getting another Jeep, oh! I wish I can afford!

0 comments: