Friday, November 21, 2008

Plain Housewife

Im off from work today. I had a long To-Do lists for our household but so far, I've only done 3 things. And at the end of the day, i was soo tired. I was working so hard. It wasn't a day off!

I realized that being a plain housewife is a lot of work, too. I always envy those wives who doesnt work and just take care of their house and family. I thought to myself, ahh life must be good for them. But I think no matter what you do in life, there's always deadlines and errands.

Growing up, my Mom was always busy. She always have a store. I can remeber her in and out of the house and just hurrying all the time. So I told myself, im not going to own a store if my life would be on the road all the times. But of course my current job requires 75% travel time!

My Mother in law is a housewife. She took care of 4 kids, a husband, and just the whole household but I can remember her telling me it was a lot of work taking care of them. My husband would always say that his mother is a hard working woman, making sure theres dinner on the table by the time her husband comes home from work. She does everything in the house. She used to paint their house, does the cleaning and laundry...and taking care of teenage kids! She once worked and said, it felt good to be away from home, it seems like a vacation!. lol. but she preferred to be a hands on Mom and wife so she quits. Right now, she helped for the family business.

My co-worker told me the other day that she always look forward to come to work everyday just to be away from home.

A friend told me some time ago that she can't wait for her kids to be back in school because taking care of them is such a load! When you're kids are at home, it's a disaster!

So, theres no reason for me to wine and complain for working hard....'coz everybody does it all the time! no exceptions!

0 comments: