Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Short Trip To Canada

Yes, I was in Canada today....at least for a short period of time.

I always hate it when there's a road construction along the way, especially on the Express Way. My GPS navigator cannot tell if the road is temporarily closed and any detours....It will just tell me to go ahead and stay on my lane...yeah right!

I was on I-75 heading north towards I-96 West to Lansing . Unfortunately, theres a construction ahead and I had to follow the detour signs which are not very clear. To top it off, it was late afternoon and started to get dark...I tried to follow the detour signs but somehow I missed some turns or Im in a wrong lane and cannot change lane 'coz of heavy traffic. Sure enough, I was heading towards I-96 East heading to Canada! I wanted to turn back but I can't! There are 6 lanes towards the bridge to Canada and each lane are bumper to bumper traffic. There was a long wait to get through the Canadian Immigration....I was panicking, I dont have my passport with me...I heard that theres a new law requiring a passport to go through Canada...All i have is my Driver's License...oh well...The Immigration Officer checked my drivers license and asked me why Im going to Canada and what Im going to do there? I simply told her, "I hate road construction and all those annoying and confusing detour road signs....I made a wrong turn and next thing I know Im heading towards the Bridge...and I guess Im going to Canada just to make a U TURN so I can get home! She simply laugh and said, you're not the only one...it happens all the time!

I went to Canada just to make a U Turn....haha! and that was my short trip to Canada....:)

0 comments: